Saturday, March 6, 2010

Counting Your Blessings

Sometimes, we never truly realize how blessed we are in our lives until we make a huge choice... Go down a new path or forge our own through the unknown. We often take for granted the love of our family and friends, the gift and privelege of growing old, or even something as simple as having a bowl of cereal in the morning.

It's been a wonderful winter for me; full of choices, gifts, love, and faith. I've decided to forge a path and strike out on my own. I'm still as close to my mother as ever and her love is what gives me the strength and courage to know that I can do anything; while a father's love is special to his daughter, it is a mother that a daughter will always need and treasure. My mom and dad are the greatest blessings in my life. They keep their hearts open, allow me to try new things, and have given me all I need to be able to and feel confident about leaving.

So I will pray to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, that I not be deceived; that while I may make mistakes, I have the strength enough to not make them again... And grant me the wisdom to learn from them. I shall pray that as I spread my wings to fly from my mother and father, I have the will to keep my roots firmly planted... and always remember that a part my heart, myself, will always stay in my small and wonderful hometown of lil Delmar.

I thank you, Father, for all the blessings in my life; the wonderful parents that you have given me, the little sister that I have, and the love of all I hold dear. So please, Lord... Keep me as I leave and give us all the strength to get through the weeks ahead. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment