Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April's Fool

Waking up to find my lover with another
That's the harder pill to swallow
Yeah finally waking to see all the things in front of me
Nothing's going right like it's all a bad joke
That when I'll realize I'm April's fool today
I'll keep falling for a lie;
A pretty little picture with a fence outside
I won't see a cold bed where you'll turn away from me
Still pretending you're mine
Open my eyes because I'm still April's fool today
Sitting on the sill there's an old red rose
Swore when you gave that it'd never grow old
Looking at now with the petals all dry, scents all gone
Yeah it really took me that long;
Guess you played me that well
You've turned me into April's fool again
And I'll keep falling for that little lie;
That pretty, pretty picture with the fence outside
Won't the cold bed but baby that's all right
Put your hand in mine and say everything's right
Make me April's fool tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment